For Signing Math & Science, TERC and Vcom3D used SigningAvatar® assistive technology to develop illustrated, interactive 3D standards-based sign language dictionaries that offer students in grades K-8 and 9-12 who are deaf and hard of hearing increased access to the same learning opportunities that hearing students enjoy.
Video versions are available from this page by clicking the links below or the links at the top and bottom of this page. The video versions are compatible with Mac, Chromebook, and a wide variety of platforms and web browsers and with iPads.
- Signing Science Dictionary (SSD)—a dictionary of science terms and definitions for grades 4-8. This work was funded in part by grants from NEC Foundation of America, the National Science Foundation (HRD-0533057), and the Department of Education (H327A060026).
- Signing Science Picture Dictionary (SSP)—formerly called the Signing Science Pictionary is a dictionary of science terms and definitions for grades K-4. This work was funded in part by grants from the Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family Foundation, Disability Inclusion Initiative and the Department of Education (H327A080040).
- Signing Math Dictionary (SMD)—a dictionary of mathematics terms for students in the elementary and middle grades. This work was funded in part by a grant from the National Science Foundation (HRD-0833969).
- Signing Earth Science Dictionary (SESD)—a dictionary of Earth science terms for grades 9-12. This work was funded in part by a grant from the National Science Foundation (GEO-0913675).
- Signing Life Science Dictionary (SLSD) and Signing Physical Science Dictionary (SPSD)—a dictionary of life science terms and a dictionary of physical science terms for grades 9-12 . This work is being funded in part by a grant from the National Science Foundation (DRL-1019542).
The dictionaries are also available as iPhone apps and as versions that require a Windows OS and plug-in.
© 2016 TERC. All rights reserved.
SSD | SSP | SMD | SMP | SESD | SLSD | SPSD